Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday

Our big man made 4 years old yesterday.

Four.

years.

Wow!

I cannot believe he is just a year away from starting kindergarten. Oh my.

Let's have happier thoughts, shall we?

Of course, since his birthday was yesterday, I am blogging about it today, a day late. I took both boys to the mall since that is where Jake wanted to go for his birthday (and since I thought it would be the easiest place for me to venture out with TWO kids.)

He played in the kids play area, he ate at soothie king AND chik fil a for lunch (because he wanted both, and it was his birthday, so I got him both. That's how we roll), he built a bear at the biuld a bear factory (a New Orleans Hornets bear complete with basketball and goal, if you must know), and he topped off the afternoon with icecream and chocolate sprinkles.


William was a complete angel the entire time, he LOVES his carseat...


Once home, Jacob requested to watch a movie, so he did. I baked cupcakes for his "party" at school today and made him meatloaf per his request.



After dinner (which he scarffed down in lightening speed), we sang Happy birthday and he opened presents.






Daddy was quite interested in Jacobs' newest Handy Manny toy. So much that he asked Jacob if he could have a turn to play with it. Boys and their toys....


After presents, Jacob asked if William could take a bath in his tub tonight. So I happily obliged.






I think our little 4 year old had a great day.

It seems our little 2 1/2 week old did as well (warning: nose in picture is way larger than it is in real life...)


and today is my dad's birthday. Happy birthday pops!!!!!

1 comment:

courtney said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!

I wish that we could be there to celebrate your 4th birthday with you. We love and miss you soo much.

Love,
Nanny