Wednesday, August 26, 2009

no rest for the weary

Saying that I have been busy is a complete understatement.

Between getting Jacob up, getting him breakfast and dropping him off at school, and getting William home and fed, it is 10am before I know it. Trying to remember to feed myself has become less of a priority! Maybe I will loose the rest of this stinkin baby weight.

I think that my breast milk is finally dried up, I stopped pumping about a week and a half ago. It made me sad. I cannot imagine actually breastfeeding the baby. I would go through withdrawals when it came time to wean!

Our washing machine quit on Sunday. In the middle of a cycle, full of water and clothes. We tried everything we knew to try, to no avail. The result was me pulling the sopping wet clothes out of the washer one by one, wringing them as best I could, placing them in a basket, and dragging said basket across the street to the neighbors to get them completely washed. I really hope no one saw me during the dragging process. The basket was WAY to heavy to lift, so I put it on top of a towel and drug it across the street. The scene may be a typical one here in hick town though, so I'm sure I fit right in.

We headed out on Monday evening and purchased ourselves a snazzy new washer AND dryer (they have to match, don't ya know), front loaders to be exact. Do you know that they charge roughly $300 ($150 each) to get a colored washer/dryer? OK, let me fork out the extra $300 cause I would like my clothes washed in a RED washer. WHAT?! People really think that way? You have got to be kidding me. My clothes will be just as clean coming out of a WHITE washer, thank you very much.

So anyway, our brand new WHITE washer and dryer are due to arrive tomorrow. It is just like anticipating the birth of your child (OK, so maybe it's not exactly like that). I am so excited!

William started smiling last night. It is the cutest thing ever! I looked back in Jacob's baby book, and he did not smile until 8 weeks. William is 5 1/2. We have an advanced little fella...or maybe it's just that I look funny to him and he is laughing at me....I'll choose to believe the former. He will not allow me to capture this precious event on camera. Instead this is the look he gives me:


He is still sleeping great, 6-8hours a night. He is also starting to become a little more laid back...little being the word of focus in this sentence. Not that he is high maintenance, he just likes attention!

OK so hopefully I will have time to start blogging more frequently. I certainly hope so!

No comments: