Wednesday, September 16, 2009

bittersweet

I am sad.

My sister (in law) left yesterday with her two babies. They flew back home. All the way to Seattle. Way too far for us to visit as often as we would like. Way too far for her to visit us as often as she would like. Way too far for our kids to play as often as they would like. Too far.

It is bitersweet really. It is so awesome to see them, hug them, kiss them. Our visits are full of memories, but they are too short, and I am always heartbroken when they leave.

Jacob and Emma hit it off immediately and played non stop every time they were together. So much sweetness, I could eat it on a spoon. I hope they are always that way with every visit, despite the miles that seperate them.

Even William and Matthew noticed each other for a bit. Smiling and hitting each other with their not so controlled baby movements.

Being the awesome mom that I am, I forgot my camera on our first trip in town to visit, and the batteries were dead in the camera on our second visit. So I shall have to wait for someone to send me pictures I suppose.

I am not good at waiting.....

I am sad, but trying to look forward to the next visit. Until next time sista, I love you!!!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I feel the exact same way. This was one of my favoriate visits. It only makes me want to live closer to home even more.

We love and miss ya'll soo much. Give those boys hugs and kisses from us everyday.