Thursday, July 24, 2008

Going down a new road...

Well, I got the job!!! Now I know each and every one of you is thinking...what job?

I had decided (on a complete whim) to apply last week for a new job at a surgery center in the pre-op department. The hours are PRN, meaning that I can work whenever I want to. No holidays, no nights, no weekends!!!!!!!!!! This job is very hard to come by as a nurse, as there is not much turnover with this type of position/schedule.

It does mean leaving my babies (patients) behind, but it will be a much better move for my family in the long run. I will be able to be home with Mike and Jacob every night now and will never have to worry about working Christmas again!!!!!!!! That alone was worth it for me.

It is all very bittersweet, as it has not hit home that I am really quitting the job I have known and loved for the past 6 years. I have made so many friends and fell in love with so many babies and their families. I plan on doing a little agency work on the side though so I don't loose my NICU skills. I am so excited...what a way to head in to the weekend, and vacation!!!

Have a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go. That's awesome.... now there are no excuses when I want to go to Ninfa's!