Tuesday, July 22, 2008

we are on the road to recovery!

Thanks for any and all prayers for Jake...he is doing better this afternoon=)

This morning he climbed in to our bed around 730am (late for him) and was sleeping when I woke up around 830am (VERY unusual for him...he is usually hopping all around if we are still in bed at this time!) He did NOT want to get up, so I got up and started to get dressed for his doctors appointment at 10am. I went outside to let the dog out and when I returned I heard him crying....then vomiting....all over Mike's pillow!!!

Sooooo, once I scooped him up and cleaned up the mess he started requesting beakfast. I gave him 2 sips of water and 1/4 of a club cracker and he vomited again=( Needless to say he was quite upset about this, as he was starving (he had only had Jello and a popsicle for dinner last night).

No temperature though.

So off we head to the doctor. As I am unbuckling his seat belt, he starts crying. I knew it was coming but was not fast enough. He vomited all over himself, his seat and the floor. Thank goodness his blankie caught most of it=(

Once inside the doctors office, she checked him out and ran a strep test (by the way...he was 28lbs and 37" tall). The test was negative for strep. So she chalked it up to tonsillitis and a stomach virus combo....yummy!!!

Unfortunately for my baby, he had to have a shot of Rocephin (which has caused some temporary resolve from the vomiting and fever) and a Zofran tablet (also for vomiting). He about freaked out during the injection and kicked his pregnant nurse in the belly!!!!!!!!! He recovered quickly though and is already feeling much better. I think I am taking the night off of work again tonight to make sure he fully recovers before our trip this weekend.

Thanks for thinking about us...aren't you glad you checked in?!?!?!?

No comments: