Thursday, July 31, 2008

Little tidbits...

Just a few things going on in the past few days...

Jacob decided to say his first "bad" word yesterday...twice! We are not the best about not cursing in front of him, but daddy is MUCH worse than I am! Jacob couldn't get one of his toys to operate correctly, so he mumbles "dammit!!". It completely took me off guard. One, that he said it, and two that he used it in the right context!! The second time was last night in the bath tub. One of his toys kept falling off of the shelf, and again he says it. He knows it's a bad word, I think it just slipped the second time. When I tell Mike about it he tells me"Oh yeah, I said that in front of him the other day." See, daddy is worse than mommy=)

Aside from unpacking earlier in the week, I had to run a bunch of errands to get everything ready for my new job on the 11th. I had to take a drug screen yesterday, and I thought it was so funny that they would not let Jacob go in to the bathroom with me...people really do that, use their child's urine?????

I also had to go and blow more money on yet another color scrub pants...I already have blue, black and brown but this job requires pink. Oh well, at least now I have a variety...and I get to wear scrubs instead of a suit...always a plus!

On Tuesday I had to complete CPR training for the new job, along with PALS (Pediatric advanced life support) and ACLS (Advanced cardiac life support). None of this was required to work in the NICU, so I had to have it all prior to starting in pre-op.

Jacob makes the big 3 next Tuesday and his party is on Saturday (the 9th). He is so very excited. I am going to attempt to make him a 3-D fire truck cake and it is all he can talk about. Wish me luck!

I work for the next 3 nights, so there will be a little delay in updates until then. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!