Friday, August 1, 2008

donate for a cause

Hey everyone....if you get a second, please visit this website and consider donating for a good cause. I have been linked to this site for a few months now (since March or so) from a friend of mine at work. This guy and his wife...and their preemie daughter have gone through a really rough time, especially in the last few months. His name is Nathan Lawrenson and this is a piece from his blog:


CFHusband Goes Bald

In support of my wife, Tricia, and in honor of both my brother-in-law, Jeff Prentice, I'm challenging my family, friends and blog readers to help me raise no less than $3000 in 1 week for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS).

If I can raise $3000 by noon next Friday (August 8, 2008), I will shave my head, live on the Internet at 8pm that night (all times are EST).

The LLS is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services. Last year, LLS funded more than $64 million in research, with more than $7 million going towards 18 active research projects at Duke and UNC.

LLS also provides several resources to their patients, including Family Support Groups and a Patient Financial Aid Program.

I have to warn you...I have shaved my head (and by "shave", I do mean with a razor) once before, and I've been told that I might have one of the ugliest heads in the history of the world, which is bizarre considering the rest of me is so beautiful...

To participate in the worldwide effort to make me bald and beautiful, simply Click Here and follow the online instructions.

OR

Mail a check, made out to "LLS", with "CFHusband Goes Bald" in the memo line to:

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
401 Harrison Oaks Blvd., Ste. 200
Cary, NC 27513

Every penny we raise (under or over $3000) goes directly to the LLS, and if you have any questions about this fundraiser, feel free to contact the Eastern North Carolina Chapter of LLS.


and this is his website:
http://cfhusband.blogspot.com

I also have a link to their site in the left hand column of my blog....

Thanks!

No comments: