Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mommy, Jacob, and ice cream!!!

We had another good weekend. Jacob and I went in to town on Friday afternoon for an old friends wedding. The bride and I were friends in grade school. I have not seen her since Mike and I were married in 2003! She had never met Jacob. He had an absolute blast. Considering we were out until 10:00pm, he was an angel the whole night. For some reason he was insistent on dancing and kept persisting until I finally told him, go ahead baby, go out on the dance floor and dance. He went out there all by himself and danced for a solid 15 minutes. No one else was dancing! Everyone was watching him. One guy video taped him for about 5 minutes and I saw others taking pictures!! I hope I get a copy from my friend, because being the good mother that I am..I left my camera in the car=( He even woke up on Saturday morning and told my mom (we stayed at her house for the night) that he needed his shirt, his tie, and his dancing shoes!!! I did get one picture of us all dressed up before the big night.... Saturday was a day of shopping for my mom and I. Jacob went to his great grandparents house for the afternoon. He is always super tired when he leaves their house....thanks Granny and Grandpa!!!
Saturday evening we returned home to meet up with Mike and go out to dinner.

Today we went to church, then worked out in the yard pretty much all day. About mid afternoon, Jacob heard the ice cream truck and wanted a cool treat. So we flagged down the truck as it drove down the street and purchased a $2.00 ninja turtle pop. (OK, when I was little I KNOW ice cream from the ice cream man was totally under a buck, and ninja turtles were popular back then because my brother had all of the action figures. I am not THAT old!!!)
Shoving it all in before it melts
All done!!!
Up to no good...(doesn't he look like he is plotting an evil scheme!)
who....me??
notice the stick hanging from his shirt....can we say 'all boy'
trying to clean up
is this necessary?!?!?!?


No comments: