Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!!!!

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We went to Aunt Kathy and Uncle T's house this morning to celebrate not only the 4th, but Grandpa's (Jacobs great grandpa) 75th birthday, Uncle T's 50th birthday and cousin Buddy's 25th birthday. In case you are wondering, there were 3 cakes!!!! We ate way too much and then went swimming! Jacob had a blast and right before we left he got stung (we think) by a wasp=( He took it like a champ, never even cried. Only requesting ice and a band aid and forgetting all about it.
Cousin Buddy and Uncle Andrew

Mommy and Jacob

Grancie and Jacob being silly. Mommy and U. Andrew watching
Watermelon kisses
I love watermelon!!!
Mike and I left Tickfaw and headed home. Jacob went with Grancie and Uncle Andrew to their house for the weekend. Mike and I are quite at a loss as to what to do with ourselves for the weekend. The house is awfully quiet, except for the loud booming of fireworks! So, we went to see "Hancock". It was a very good movie and I would definitely recommend it. We are home now and I am really missing my little man, but I know he is sleeping peacefully at his Grancies' house. Sweet dreams baby, we love you to the moon and back.....





We also had a wonderful 3rd of July!!! On Thursday night (the 3rd) Jake and I made Oreo balls, or as Jacob calls them "mud balls"!! I guess that is what they will be called now since he argues with me whenever I try to tell him they are Oreo balls=) They are basically chocolate covered oreos and are the absolute most scrumptious dessert ever! As you can see, he liked licking the spoon when we were done!











We also attempted to shoot fireworks in the rain last night....it actually worked pretty well. For some reason Jacob was absolutely TERRIFIED when we first started shooting them. I have never seen him scared of anything. He was crying and asking to go inside. Odd since at New Years he wanted to shoot the fireworks himself and showed no fear! But once I got him some ear plugs and he saw the neighbors kids doing them, he joined in and fun was had all around.



Sorry for the post being sort of backwards, but the layout on this blogger is screwed up!


G-night y'all=)

No comments: