Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Decisions to make

One more day until we leave for Disney!!! Mike and I are SO ready for a little alone time=) Although we will miss Jake tremendously, and I am sure everything in Disney will remind us of him!

I was supposed to work today, but got a nice 'scare the hell out of you' phone call around 430 this morning telling me that I was cancelled today. That is the only downside of working PRN (as needed). On the positive side, I got to spend today cleaning and packing, something we desperately needed to do!

After the phone call, Mike and I were both wide awake staring in to the pitch black darkness of our room. SO we both got up and came upstairs to play on the computer. We are also trying to decide if I should stay home once the baby is born, instead of returning to my normal work schedule. I would still work about 2 days a month, to keep up my nursing skills, but would primarily be home with the kids. We would also switch Jacob to a preschool that is literally 1/4 of the cost of his current preschool/daycare. He would attend school 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, and be home with the baby and I the rest of the time. I am pretty excited, yet nervous about this. We would be giving up almost all of my income (not that I am blowing the roof off with what I make now) and would be dependant on Mikes' salary.

Decisions decisions.

No comments: