Saturday, June 6, 2009

day to day happenings

Sorry about my lack of posting lately, but I have been somewhat busy the last few days despite the fact that I only worked one day this week!

I spent (literally) all day yesterday washing baby clothes, blankets, bedding, and am about 85% done...YAY! I love the smell of freshly laundered baby clothes=)

Jacob started in his new class on Monday of this week and the afternoon teacher is a new employee of the daycare. When I went to pick him upon Thursday afternoon, she informed me that she basically had to threaten him at naptime with a phone call to mommy or daddy if he did not go to sleep, thus making him cry and eventually sleep.....ummmm.....is it just me or does that seem totally and ridiculously unacceptable!?! Needless to say I placed a phone call to the director of the center that evening telling her how upset I was over the situation and she said that she would handle up on it. Geez woman, I don't think threatening a 3 year old was in the handbook when you were hired....

Today Jacob and I swam in his pool in the backyard (yes, the BACK yard, I refuse to let the neighbors see me in a maternity swimsuit frolicking in a kiddie pool...) for about 2 hours. Needless to say I am as red as a craw fish tonight....remind me next time to put on some of that sunscreen that I slather all over my son.

We then went for a second 4-d ultrasound since I was informed at my last OB visit that William has flipped in to the head down position and is no longer breech. He has in fact flipped, and I have noticed a considerable difference in my ankle swelling since the flipping took place. I have little to no swelling throughout the day anymore. The little booger must have been compressing a nerve or something so that the fluid could not properly distribute! The technician told us that he is going to be a big baby....8 or 9 pounds....WHAT!!!!! Oh my....

After the ultrasound we took Jake to see 'Up'. Mike and I thought it to be a very cute movie, but Jacob was not all that impressed. I think it had something to do with the fact that he was exhausted, and as soon as he ran out of popcorn and candy he was ready to go!

Now that we are on the subject of exhaustion, I am headed to bed. G'night!

No comments: