Thursday, June 25, 2009

It won't last for long....

Why is is that Jacob will go for months without any sleeping issues at all, and then BAM, all of a sudden he starts some annoying bedtime habit=(

It really isn't that bad, I really should not complain. He just delays bedtime as much as he possibly can, every few nights or so. I'm thirsty, is my radio on, what are we doing tomorrow, where's my Mickey Mouse, etc etc etc!

He has even gotten out of bed a few nights this week just to see what we are doing! I feel bad showing frustration, but he CANNOT do this when William arrives!!! I don't think it helps that it is daylight outside until 8:30 at night and his bedtime is 7:45.

What always plays in my head though is that most awesome song by Darius Rucker "It won't last for long". It is so true, it won't, time will fly. One day I will look back and wish I could rewind the clock. So I'll take it, I will enjoy my sweet boy, despite his (every so often) annoying bedtime rituals to delay going to sleep =0)

In other news, I am SOOOO ready for William to make his debut. Everyone at work insists on telling me that I look like I am about to have the baby right now and , my goodness, how much longer do I have?? Jacob is beyond excited about the arrival of 'his baby', I think it may be more the fact that he knows his birthday party is right behind the birth of the baby. Little stinker. He will be an awesome brother! 3 weeks and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise Jesus for leading the man who invented the air conditioning unit to do so many years ago. I don't know what I would do right now having to suffer through a heat index of 108! God is so good!

Well, that's my update for now, goodnight. Oh, and GEAUX LSU TIGERS (college world series baseball champs)!!!

No comments: