Monday, June 22, 2009

What it takes to be a 'dad'

What is a dad, really? Any man fathering a child can claim the role, but what does it take?

A dad is someone who is more than willing to put aside what he is doing to play with his children. A dad makes his children his top priority. A dad gets on his hands and knees to let his boy pretend he is a horse, and proceeds to tromp and gallop around the house tearing up his knees all the while. A dad teaches his son how to throw a ball, and swing a bat. A dad puts things together for his boy, like swing sets and bikes, and uses this time to teach that boy about power tools, nails, and hammers. A dad shows his son how to properly wash the car and mow the lawn. A dad teaches his son how to urinate on the plant outside, wipe his mouth on his shirt, pick his nose, and how to show pride when he does these things!

A dad is so important in the life of a boy, and my boys have the most wonderful dad in the whole world.







Thank you Lord for blessing us with Mike, my angel husband, father to my boys, King of the household. He is the perfect dad.


Yesterday was Father's Day, and I got to work, so on Saturday we head in to town to spend an early Father's Day with the two best Father's I know. My own dad, and my awesome husband. We all went to lunch at a nice Italian restaurant (along with my brother - who is not a dad yet, but will one day make a great one!). After lunch we spent some time with my parents and other family before heading home.

Happy Father's Day daddy!!!!

No comments: