Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Let there be light!!!!

Although I am a bit late posting this, we did get our power back on Saturday!!!! YAY ELECTRICITY! You just don't realize how good you have it until you loose it!

Jacob and I were still with my parents down in Kenner when Mike called to tell me our power was back about mid day on Saturday. He was planning on coming in to meet us and stay for the weekend to return home on Monday night. He was going to pack our refrigerator since the generator wouldn't be running without anyone home and lug all of the food to my moms refrigerator. Thank goodness he had not done that yet!

He decided to go ahead and come in so we could go to dinner and a movie with my parents. Grancie kept Jacob and we went to see the newest Batman movie "The Dark Knight". They failed to mention that the air conditioner was broken, so we sat through a THREE hour movie in the heat!!!!!! Mike and my dad were NOT happy! But the movie was really good....the best Batman yet in my opinion.

Sunday we just sort of hung around the house, went to church and watched the Saints game (GEAUX SAINTS). Jacob and I returned home yesterday and Mike last night. It was awesome to sleep in our own bed!

Oh yes....we rescheduled our Disney trip (again) for September 28th!!!!

I included some pictures from the past week. One is of our sleeping arrangement at out house during Gustav and how we kept ourselves occupied while pent up in the house. My dad was wearing Jacob's safety goggles! The next few show some of the aftermath of Gustav by my parents house. This was not even half of the debris once we were done cleaning the yard. I took the picture after one day of post hurricane pickup. What you see by the street are not bushes, they are piled up tree limbs from the backyard. The neighbor also had 2 trees that were very much threatening to topple over on to my parents roof. They called a tree cutting service to come cut them both down before Ike strikes. There was a HUGE beehive and honeycomb inside of the tree trunk, but I could not get close enough (or was not brave enough) to take a picture! We still had another whole day of cleaning tree limbs out of the yard. I also have a picture of the neighbors leaning fence and of Jacob on his "thinking chair" reading a book.

Now if we can only convince Ike that he is not as strong as he thinks.....













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HHHhhhmmm... I'm not quite sure how I feel about that picture on the potty