Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Not quite ready....

After taking a bath last night I told Jacob that it was time to put on his diaper and jammies because it was bedtime (he still sleeps in a diaper), to which he replied "I am not a baby". So I asked him if he wanted to try sleeping in underwear. His response was yes, so we gave it a go. He has woken up dry every morning for over 3 months now so I thought we were pretty safe. Boy was I wrong!! For some reason he woke up at 4am covered in urine....literally! He was so wet he was shivering! I had to strip him and his bed down and replace jammies, sheets, and his pillow! The joys of being a mom=) So he is back in diapers tonight.

On a side not, he has been giving us fits at dinner time, taking a few bites and playing with the rest of his food. I don't really mind this, but tell him he cannot have anything else to eat before bedtime. Mike gets a little more frustrated but tells him the same thing. I always said I would never bribe my child with dessert but it sure does work. He will finally finish dinner and then gobbles up his jello. I guess he has my sweet tooth=)

It also looks like Ike is moving further and further away from us (yay). NOT that I want it to hit somewhere else, I would much prefer for it to die completely before hitting land. I don't think NOLA , Baton Rouge, or any of La could take much more storm damage. We are still recovering from Katrina!

Well, back to work for me tomorrow, I must get some sleep. G'night all.

No comments: