Friday, September 26, 2008

ONE more day!!

Woohoo!! We leave Sunday morning for our (much needed) vacation....

Mike is excited beyond words=) He called home yesterday and told me "I got us a surprise for the trip", of course I started trying to guess what it was, and he simply said "you'll see it when I get home". ARGH! The suspense killed me. Mike is THE BEST gift giver so I knew it would be good. Low and behold it 'twas!! He purchased us a sweet new digital camera!! It is way smaller than the other two (yes, we have two others...) that we have. Very slender and lightwieght with a larger viewing screen. I love it!

Of course my little man wants to get all involved in the excitement of a new "toy" and did not understand why I would not let him play with it. So we pulled out his Mickey mouse digital camera that he got for his birthday. He was happy as a clam taking pictures of the floor, walls, and randomely blurred objects that he would capture as he ran around the room being the photographer that he is. Explain to me this, since when do they make DIGITAL cameras for toddlers??? I mean, it is a real camera, just toddler proof. How awesome would that have been when we were little!! No, we were blessed with the long, skinny 8mm cameras that took an actual roll of film....

Jacob is SO excited that we are going to see Mickey. He has been carrying around his "Mickey airplane backpack" for the past 2 days, stuffing toys and such in to it.

I have him completely packed and Mike and I will pack tomorrow.

On a side note, we are pretty sure the neighbors are not returning to their home (being that they had a pretty nasty split and we saw the moving van and all...). We have been cutting their grass and, without going in to to much detail, we are figuring the house will be a foreclosure and will just sit there for about a year before it goes to police auction!!! SO I guess we have another lawn to mow for the time being.

This will probobly be my last post until we get home. For all those that are having parties that we are missing (and there are lots), we appologize ahead of time and wish your children very happy birthdays!!!

tata for now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a great time and can't wait to hear about the trip when you get back.

christy