Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

So, yesterday was Memorial Day and we had our first crawfish boil of the year.

Now that crawfish season is just about done, Mike felt it necessary to eat his weight in mud bugs because he may not get them again until next year! I, however, do not like seafood....of any variety. I do like the garnishing that come with it though (potatoes, corn, carrots). All it took was one bite of corn for me to have immediate onset of heartburn, so it was a macaroni and cheese kinda day for me!

The kids swam (we celebrated the day with the neighbors) and played the entire afternoon and Jacob even tried some crab (although I had to tell him it was chicken to get him to even open his mouth. I guess because I don't eat it, he thinks he shouldn't either and has thus far refused all seafood). He declared that he liked that chicken and wanted more!!! Maybe there is hope for him and seafood after all.

Today when I picked the little fella up from school I told him that since daddy was not going to be home until late tonight, we could stop for some ice cream as a treat this afternoon (since there was no rush to get home). He however made a scowling face, furrowed brow and all, and declared that he would much prefer a coke icee. WHAT?? An icee over ice cream, this cannot be my child! So, I stopped, and he got his icee. He also got a little taste of his first brain freeze - hilarious!!! He drank about half and threw the rest away. Again, is this my child?

We are having a garage sale this weekend and I hope to get rid of a lot of this random stuff we have laying around. Just in time for baby Will's arrival, in which we will accumulate that much more stuff=)

Daddy is out late at a work function, so it's just us for now. Good night!

No comments: