Saturday, May 2, 2009

Magic Splash Mania and much more

OK, I found a great new program at a great new price to edit my photos. I love the color on black and white look, but have not been able to find exactly what I wanted without buying a program priced at least $300-$400!! I have been using 'Picasa' in an attempt to add color splashes to my photos. It does not work exact and I usually have to settle with a picture that I am not completely happy with. Until now. I had someone tell me about a site called Magic splash. They offer the color on black and white program that is immediately down loadable to your computer once you purchase it....for $15 bucks! Wahoo! I spent a good portion of the night last night trying it out and so far, I love it. Check out these older photos that I 'touched up'....







OK, now that I have introduced my newest find and have calmed down a bit, I can update on the rest of our week.

I took Jacob to the dentist on Thursday. This was his third visit, and prior to each visit he gets a dose of Amoxicillin (an antibiotic) due to the 'Functional Atrial Valve' in his heart.
Basically he has a heart murmur and one of his heart valves that is supposed to have 3 'slits' only has two, creating a slight back flow of blood in the wrong direction, creating a murmur whenever his heart is listened to with a stethoscope.

Still with me???

Anyways, he has to see a cardiologist every 2 years and he is due to go again at the end of this year. Hopefully his murmur will be resolved and we can stop the prophylactic antibiotics before procedures from here on out.

Let's move on! He did wonderfully at the dentist. He was SOOO cooperative and did everything the dental technician asked him to do, including biting down on that plastic mouth thingy for teeth x-rays! I was so proud of him, but not surprised. He has always been quit the cooperative child you see. He is an angel for haircuts, doctor visits (including shots and urine samples), and of course the dentist is no exception! We will be so blessed (not that we aren't already) if William is as laid back as his brother!!!

Following the dentist, we went to the mall to play in the kids area for a bit before heading home. There were not many kids, only a few including Jake. One little boy that looked to be about 2 years old and most definitely outweighed Jacob decided he had been named bully of the day and that he was going to pin Jacob down in a wrestling move to see what he would do. Oh, he also ripped Jacobs' hat off of his head. My sweet baby boy didn't think it appropriate to push the kid off, since he was smaller (in height) and younger than himself, so he looked at me for assistance. I had to waddle over and pull the beast like child off of my boy! At least Jacob took his hat back!

After the mall we scrubbed down our hands (you know, to avoid the swine flu), got some fresh baked cookies, and headed home.

Today (Saturday) we have lots of errands to run and tomorrow we are supposed to head out to the Global Wildlife park with Grancie. Check back tomorrow for pictures from this weekend!!

Bye for now!

No comments: