Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tired

You know how pregnant women always complain of being overly tired? Well, I never had that issue with Jacob and I have not had it thus far in this pregnancy, until today....OH.....MY!

I am beyond tired today. I don't know if it is because we had a busy weekend plus the fact that I have worked the past 2 days, but woosh, mama needs a nap. When I picked Jacob up from school today he wanted to come home and play outside. I told him that we could, but just until daddy got home. It is getting pretty darn hot outside as summer approaches and I can only take so much heat. I sat in a fold out chair in the shade while Jacob rode his Hummer around the driveway. Before I knew it I was pecking corn (you know...when you fall asleep while in the sitting position and your head bobs forward, and you jerk it back, and it bobs forward, and you...well you get the picture).

When Mike came home, Jacob asked to play in the back yard and I decided to take a quick bath. It is NOT often (in fact it never happens) that I get to bathe in peace. Mike stayed outside with Jake, and I slid in to the tub, truly intending on bathing rather quickly (since I am not supposed to bathe in hot water, the bath is lukewarm). Again, I started to fall asleep almost immediately....

Mike and Jacob walked in to mama (aka beached whale) snoozing in the tub.

Gee whiz, I need to WAKE UP for petes sake. It is only 530....

On a side note, I am supposed to take Jacob back to the pedi this Friday for a urine recheck. I don't remember if I posted about this but when he went to the doctor week before last, they saw traces of protein in his urine which are not supposed to be there. I don't necessarily want to expose him to all kinds of people with their sick little swine flu kiddies, so I called the office and asked if I could obtain the sample at home and drop it off. Avoiding the swine flu AND the copay! The said that would be OK, so we will head over there on Friday for that.

Time to get the boy out of the tub now, and get something going for dinner.

Goodnight all.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Welcome to the club.