Tuesday, January 20, 2009

bookworm

Jacob and I spent the majority of Sunday and all day Monday in town with my folks, just visiting. Mike had lots of schoolwork to catch up on and he worked on Monday. While we were there I took Jacob to the nearby park (which is WAY better then any park here). The weather was gorgeous, perfect kite flying weather. Too bad we didn't have a kite! We fed the ducks, went for a walk, and played on the playground. He had a blast.

After the park I swung by babies r us (believe it or not I still buy clothes there for Jacob!). Jacob picked up a pink blanket and stated "mama, this is a blanket for my baby". I replied "well baby, we are not going to buy it today because we don't know if mama is having a boy or girl", to which he adamantly replied "YES, it IS a girl and this is her pink blanket!!!"

Today we swung by the library after I picked Jake up from school. I told him he could pick out a few books for bedtime stories. He was SO excited, suggesting every book he could get his hands on! We settled on six (yes six) books for him and two for me. We got home about an hour ago and he has been 'reading' his books ever since=) What a little bookworm, just like mama!

No comments: