Thursday, January 15, 2009

wow, has it been a week (almost) since my last post??? I never wanted to be one of those bloggers who only posted once a week!

I have been busy this week, working every day with no time to really even check my email. Yesterday I worked in Lafayette, which is about an hour and a half away. I was driving along, on my way home (I get off and am on the road by 3pm) when about an hour in to the drive I hit a screeching halt line of traffic. This is unusual at this time of the afternoon. Usually I just miss 5pm traffic and make it home about a quarter till five. I soon discover, per the radio, that there is an overturned 18 wheeler some few miles ahead and that is what the delay is. Soooo, I decided to hop off of the interstate and take the only other alternate route home. Well, everyone else must have done the same because I sat in traffic until 640pm!!!! # hours and 40 minutes later I was home. Mike being the awesome father/husband that he is had bathed and fed Jacob and had him in his jammies all ready for bed!

Jacob and I are home today though, just he two of us. It is too cold to play outside, although it is 47 degrees and most would laugh at me for saying that is cold. So, we had a picnic inside, we painted and colored, we practiced writing letters. Now Jacob is sleeping and I finally have time to post.

Not that there is too much going on our way! We are planning on a laid back weekend just hanging around at home. I will be 13 weeks on Saturday and I have not really had any more nausea...YAY! Sometimes I even forget that I am pregnant, that s until I see myself in the mirror right before bathing.....(shudder).

Well, I think I hear Jacob chattering away in his room, lemmie go check on him!

No comments: