Friday, January 16, 2009

nothingness

Today, I was supposed to work. But late yesterday afternoon my boss called to tell me that it would be a slow surgery day and that I could take today off. YES!!! I exclaimed, a free day to do whatever I want!

I went ahead and sent Jacob to school since he was cooped up with me all day yesterday. I decided to sleep until 9am, and then I threw on some clothes and a cap and headed to Target. I was going to spend the day scrap booking, but I had no pictures with which to scrapbook with. I went on over to their photo center and printed out some 100 photos, but apparently I walked away from the machine before it was done. Once I got home and sorted through them I realized some pictures were missing. At least none of them were risque (NOT that I take risque photos)! Once I was done with the picture printing, I trudged around Target, mainly in the baby section, looking at all of the cute new clothes there are now for babies. I cannot wait to find out what this bun in the oven is, cause mama is ready to start shopping!

Anyways, once I got home I had to sit and eat lunch, according to said bun in the oven, it was time. I proceeded to eat practically a whole bag of pizza rolls and read more of the novel I am currently entwined in. Three and a half hours later, I jumped off of the couch and headed to pick up Jacob from school, having accomplished absolutely nothing for the day. I cannot remember the last time I had a day to do nothing. Well, really I could have vacuumed and mopped, but hey, my book was a little more important people.

We went to eat tonight at a local restaurant, where Jacob was so excited about the upcoming dessert that he ate ALL of his broccoli and dove right in when the chocolate volcano arrived.

That was my day.....and yours???

No comments: