Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jesus has boogers too...

Jacob and Mike were headed to school yesterday morning and this was their conversation:

Jacob- Daddy, I am going to give my pink cup to my sister (I bought him a set of cups and one happens to be pink)
Mike - well buddy, we don't know if you will get a sister or a brother, Jesus will decide that.
Jacob - in mommy's belly?
Mike - yes man, the baby in mommy's belly
Jacob - Jesus put her there?
Mike - yes
Jacob - but I don't see him (Jesus)
Mike - well man, just because you don't see him does not mean that he is not here. We look for him everywhere we go.
Jacob - but I don't hear him...
Mike - listen really hard, he is there
Jacob - does he have hair?
Mike - yes
Jacob - and eyes, and a nose....with boogers like me????
Mike - (laughing hysterically), yes man, Jesus has boogers like you...

___________________________________________


I was supposed to work this morning.....but an unfortunate accident kept that from happening. I was putting along in my car, chomping on my apple when about 40 minutes in to my drive I hit a wall of dead stop traffic. People were getting out of their cars and walking around the interstate. It was only 5:45 in the am.

I soon found out that there was an overturned 18 wheeler blocking both of the lanes and that it would be there for a while. There was concern that there were vapors leaking from the empty tanker that was being hauled.

My question is....how does an 18 wheeler simply flip over in the middle of the road??? I can understand if he was swerving to avoid something and rolled over in to the median or wooded area, but right in the middle of the interstate...???

Anyway, I had NO CLUE how to get to the hospital via an alternate route, and I was still a good hour away. So I phoned in and told them I would not make it in. I returned home very excited about my free day off. Mike had already brought Jake to school, so I went back to bed and slept a sweet slumber until 11am!!! I have not slept that late since college! I spent the rest of the day cleaning the house.

Tomorrow Jacob and I are spending the day with a friend, a play date of sorts, and Saturday we are hoping to head to the zoo!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: