Saturday, January 24, 2009

can't they stay little?

Woosh, glad to be home!

Jake and I headed to NOLA today for my cousins bridal shower. I (guess) I made the mistake of asking Jacob if he wanted to go and see his cousins today. I assume he thought I meant 'little' cousins, because when we got there and he realized there were NO other kids there, he broke down. It was so sad. My little man was heartbroken. He cheered up quickly though when he saw that cake, colors and candy were involved! He was very well behaved throughout the dinner.

We headed back home tonight, where my awesome husband detail cleaned the house....he even vacuumed!!! Honey, you ROCK!

Jacob had fallen asleep in the car on the way back and woke up as soon as I pulled in to the driveway. He was whiny and fussy, so Mike changed him in to his jammies while I did the same. It was a little early for bedtime (6:45), so he sat on my lap for about 15 minutes just staring at me. We had direct eye contact the entire time while I stroked his little face. I have not rocked my baby boy and stared into his big brown eyes since he was literally a baby! What a moment for me=) All of the memories from his infancy came flooding back and I realized that he won't allow me to rock him for much longer. Soon enough he will be a teenager and refuse to even look at me. Our boy is growing too quick. Why can't they stay little (and well behaved) forever????

I got caught up with almost all of my scrap booking on Jacob, only a few more pages left to go!!! WOOHOO! Now I can start on the next kid....!

Oh, and I have been meaning to post about this but I keep forgetting! I am sure you may have noticed that I (accidentally) removed the hit counter from my sidebar, telling me how many visitors I have per day. Well my computer (the new one) won't let me add it back on. When I think about it, I will add it back from Mikes' computer. Just in case you were being kept up at night wondering about that....

1 comment:

dingbat4ever said...

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed visiting w/ you your mom and Jacob Saturday...I miss you all