Thursday, March 19, 2009

3 days without a nap...

Well, I was trying to figure out how many days Jacob could go without a nap, and 2 is definitely his limit! By day 3 (today), he had a meltdown. He freaked out when we were leaving the play place at chik-fil-a after lunch (he had been an angel up until this moment) and screamed the most awful high pitched female scream he could conjure from the depths of his lungs. Everyone, and I mean everyone turned to stare. I guess they assumed I was beating my child with a shovel.

We drove over to target (across the parking lot from chik-fil-a) where he proceeded to throw an all out fit. I plopped him on the red bench right outside the doors, and let him scream for a good 5-7 minutes. After numerous disapproving stares (I mean come on people, have you never seen a tantrum before!), getting beat down by the scorching sun, and thinned out patience, I sat him in my lap and had a long chat with him. He was exhausted, and I felt so bad for dragging him out all day (we had gone to the duck pond this morning) knowing he had not had a nap all week=(

I told him that he was punished from swimming today, and that he would not be getting any special treats of any kind in the store. Sweet boy saw a bunch of things that caught his eye on the shelves, but would just touch them and say...."maybe next time I can have this". He is such a good child.

God please continue to bless us and let our second boy be this sweet. My heart aches with all of the love I have for him.

P.S. - Daddy comes home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: