Saturday, March 28, 2009

picture post!

Finally! A post with some pictures. We decided this morning (since it is still too wet outside to do any yard work) that we would head to the mall to get Jacobs' picture with the Easter bunny and to take him to a movie. AND I REMEMBERED MY CAMERA!!!!!

So, after lunch, we headed out to the mall. Mike decided that he wanted to stop at the Christian bookstore nearby to look for a simple chain with a cross for himself. While he was shopping, Jacob and I decided to browse over the kids section. I often look at this store for books containing characters with the name Jacob, and since Jacob is a biblical name, you would think I would find at least one. Nope. I have never been successful in my endeavor. The only book I have that contains the name Jacob is a christian book that my mom found shortly after he was born. So, again today, I continued my quest for a 'Jacob book', when I came across this....

a book with the name Will!!! What! I was not even looking for that, and certainly did not expect it to be that easy, that I would simply stumble over a book with our second sons name inscribed in the title. So, of course, we bought it.

Then, it was to the movies we went. To see 'Aliens vs Monsters'. They had it available in 3-d, but we thought it best not to allow a full 'monster jumping out at you' experience for Jacob in the theatre. So we opted for the typical 2-d, popcorn and candy experience. He did well, for the first 2/3rds of the movie, and started to get antsy. We made it through though, and the movie was pretty cute.

Following the movie, it was the Easter Bunny we sought, and found, with very little wait time! Mike was embarrassed that I had brought my camera in an attempt to nab a free Easter photo of our child, rather than paying for the $30.00 package they so conveniently had ready for you. My response was simple. I did it for his Santa pictures, and they had no comment, so why not Easter? Of course they said nothing! Don't even come between a mother snapping a picture of her child on the bunnies lap....people could get hurt!



After the bunny we let Jacob play in the mall play area for a few minutes, just long enough to call it play. Some kid apparently released his bowels in the area, and Mike and I were no longer able to breathe through our nose, so we left.

After a dinner of Mediterannean pizza and grilled cheese (Jacob), we are home. Fun day! Maybe tomorrow we will be able to head out to do some yard work. I WILL have my camera, so stay tuned!



No comments: