Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the joys of pregnancy

cankles, and I mean serious over the top of your sock, fatter than your actual foot, ankle that runs into your calf without a second glance. I can push into the fluidy pouch taking residence over my ankle bone, and leave a large indent of where my finger once was, like those tempurpedic mattresses that hold your form.

I parked my pregnant self on the couch last night with my cankles elevated, and slept all night with them elevated, but they are still large and in charge after working today. I guess I will have to give them a day off soon.

I also got my wrist injected today due to the major carpal tunnel that I have been having. I have it in both hands, but it bothers me most in my right (dominant) hand. It was quick, painless, and free. I hope it does the trick, having a hand that basically goes completely numb every few minutes is not feasible!

BUT.....knowing that I have cankles and a numb hand is WAY better than having kidney stones, and having a healthy baby beats them all! So I'll take it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD...I am laughing soo hard reading this. I can just picture you and your elevated cankles. WHOOSH...(good thing I already peed)