Tuesday, March 31, 2009

90%

***UPDATE***
There is not a durn cloud in the bright blue sky! Jacob and I went outside for a while and played, until the minor tantrum insued (I told him he should have taken a nap) and now he is happily splashing in the tub. I checked the weather forecast, and it has changed to a 60% chance of rain, starting at 9pm tonight! HA!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

chance of rain....today....um, no! Maybe they meant 90% chance of sun, cause it sure ain't raining!

I checked the weather yesterday afternoon and sadly noted that, although it was sunny and beautiful at that moment, it would surely and quickly become cloudy, dreary and thunderstormy all day today. 90% chance in fact. So, I forced my waddling pregnant self to go outside around 5pm and plant a few more things in our ever changing garden so that it might get watered in the downpour today. I also had a list of rainy day activities for Jacob and I to do at home.

So, we lounged in bed this morning until about 9am. Snuggled, pillow fought, watched Mickey mouse. For every time we peered out towards the sky, doom and gloom threatened. After a yummy breakfast of eggs and fruit, we painted with these neat little bubble paints that I picked up at the dollar store yesterday. Each paint smelled like a different fruit/candy and they kept us busy for over an hour.



I did a few things around the house that needed doing, and all the while, we peered out the window. Waiting. because it was 90% likely we would be trapped here all day....

Lunchtime rolled around. I was getting bored. I am not a person that can just sit inside all day long. When there is no rain falling from the sky. So I hurried Jacob along and we went to the library (where I ALWAYS have a fine of some sort). He got his very own library card, and he even signed the back!




He picked out 6 books, and we headed to McDonald's for lunch. I know, YUCK! But, I never take him out for lunch, and since I feared it may start raining at any second and we would be cooped up for the rest of the afternoon, went ahead and agreed to the nasty play place at Mickey D's. He played while I read a book, and we left peacefully (without tantrum).

Still no rain.

So, I told him that f he took his nap, when he woke up we could play outside if the weather was nice. Well, I have fought him for the last 45 minutes to nap, and he is winning. It is now 3pm, and it is pointless to get him to nap this late. Heck, bedtime is in 4 1/2 hours! So he is watching a movie and having quiet time on the couch. Later, we may go outside, since it does not look like it will rain today.....

90% - humph!

No comments: