Thursday, November 20, 2008

call it quits!

Done! Our Christmas shopping is done as of today, November 20th, 2008! Well, except for my dad, who is the hardest person in the world to buy for. What the heck do you get a 61 year old man???? Oh my does Jake man have it made this Christmas too! We (I) bought him quite a bit. Good thing I was able to convince some family and friends to just buy some of the toys from me to give to him!

Jacob and I were talking today (on the way home from school), as we often do, about his baby (AKA baby in mommy's' belly). He says with a very firm tone: "It IS a girl and I think she might wear red" HA! I was asking him if the baby would wear pink if it was a girl! We were also discussing Santa, and how he makes his grand entrance in to the house. I informed him that Santa comes through the chimney/fireplace. Jacob gets a very concerned look and simply states "well, then we cannot turn on the fire....OK?!"

Our boy is really starting to like taking showers. Most often we plop him in his own tub to play and splash like most kids, but sometimes when we are pressed for time at night we throw him in the shower with us (me). He hated it at first, screaming about soap in his eye and the like. Now though, he asks me to scoot over so he can have a spot underneath the 'sprinkler'!

His newest thing is saying (out of the blue) "mama/daddy, I love you this much!" Stretching his arms out as far as they will go. It makes my day when he does this. It is so random and sweet. In response, we say "we love you to the moon and back", to which he just smiles=)

Life just doesn't get much better than that!

No comments: