Monday, April 20, 2009

C-A-T

OK, so I have a few things to post about from this weekend.

On Saturday we did our normal Sunday thing. We went to Walmart, then had Subway for lunch. The weather was pretty threatening all day, so we spent most of it indoors. After an attempted 1 1/2 hour nap, Jacob cheerfully exited his room fresh and ready to go. I say attempted because I don't think he actually slept at all. At least he stayed in his room, in his bed, and was quiet...right!?

Mike and I had been debating all day about taking Jacob to the LSU spring game. We have never been, and Mike had about a gazillion free tickets. We were feeling pretty cooped up, so we decided to ward off the rain and give it a shot. We changed in to our LSU game day gear and headed out. The seats were great, and there were a lot more fans than we thought there would be for such a dreary Saturday night. I didn't bring my camera (it was Jacobs' first 'game') because I was afraid it may rain. He had a lot of fun, and asked a lot of questions about what they were doing, what was that thing with the two sticks in the air (the goalpost), why were the men standing in a circle (the huddle), etc. I played commentator to my sweet boy and his quest for knowledge.

We decided to leave around halftime, because the rain was now becoming way more than threatening, and head to grab a quick bite to eat. While we were waiting for our food, I decided to spell out words to see if Jacob could sound them out. He has all of his letters and letter sounds, so we are working on basic reading. He can site read his own name, and the word STOP (I think it is more the sign than the letters that he associates the word with). So, I wrote out the word C A T. He sounded it out, and READ IT!!!!! Our man read his first word, without any help!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY JACOB!!!! We were SO very proud of him. My goal is to have him reading before kindergarten, and I think we are on the right track!

Yesterday (Sunday) was even more laid back. Mike had a ton of school work to do, so Jacob and I hung out downstairs playing games and painting. We went to a local pizza buffet place for dinner, where Jacob proceeded to eat a TON of peaches (yes, he ate fruit instead of pizza, that's our boy!). While he was eating said peaches, I happened to glance over and notice a STAPLE chilling out on top of a peach slice. WHAT!!!??? I promptly took his plate, informed the manager and received fresh peaches out of a brand new can. Honestly, I would really rather a staple in my sons food than a hair....seriously. We left unharmed and called it a night.

Jake has been night potty trained for a while now, accidents here and there. But this weekend he tee teed in his bed 2 1/2 times.....grrrrr....(1/2 because one night he made it out of bed before having the accident).

He never has accidents during the day, and has not had a problem at night up until now. We are not doing anything different, and have changed nothing in his routine. The only thing I can come up with is that I have noticed on the days he gets in a good nap, he does not have a problem at night. On the days he skips a nap is when he has the accident. I am thinking that he may be so overtired that he is sleeping too hard on the nights when he did not have a nap prior to bedtime. I am about to put the smack down on napping!!! It's not that I mind so much peeling myself from the warmth of my bed to change out his wet urine soaked sheets. It's the fact that I cannot get back to sleep after performing such a glorious task, thus leaving me droopy eyed the next day.

Say some prayers that he stays high and dry this week, and that I pass my glucose test this Friday! Almost 27 weeks now...YAY!

No comments: