Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

The day started with Jake man waking us at a very early 6:40am with his oooooooohhhh's and aaaahhhhhh's over what Mr. Easter bunny had left for him in the living room. Mike and I trgudged out, bed hair, eye boogers and all to try and whip up some excitement over his new found treasures. He was so very excited about his new bike and helmet that he wanted to ride it right then, helmet and all, in the living room.







We promised him that after church, he could ride his bike. So after a quick breakfast, it was off to praise the Lord for His most awesome sacrifice and glorify His resurrection on this beautiful Easter morn. The service was packed, but luckily we arrived in just enough time to nab a seat. There were easily just as many p eople standing as there were sitting. At one point, I had to run to the restroom and it took me a good 2-3 minutes to weave through the crowd of standers. It's a good thing I am visibly pregnant now, because I think that most people would have been slightly annoyed to have to shift and shuffle just for me to squeeze through to potty. Each person that I unintentionally interrupted, though, just looked at my belly, then at me, smiled and moved out of the way.



After church, we headed to Mikes' aunt and uncles home, where, for some reason, Jacob was a bit of a grumpy gus most of the time we were there. He did eventually warm up and participate in the little Easter egg hunt that they had for him and another friend of the families little boy. He then requested to ride his bike (with helmet, of course), when Mike snapped his chin in the buckle. This set off a string if endless tears and a refusal to touch mr. beloved red bike for the rest of the visit.



We then headed even furthur into town to visit my parents, where Jacob decided that, since he had not had a nap the entire day, and his system was full of candy, he would put on a small one man break dance show. He boogied like I have never seen him before. I only wish I had had my camera handy so that I could have videoed some of it. Oh well.

Jacob finally fell asleep for a bit on the car ride home...poor boy was all tuckered out from such a fun day!



After all was said and done, we had a wonderful holiday weekend. I hope Jesus was as blessed this weekend as He makes us feel each and every day.

-------------------------------------------------------------

ps-these were too cute not to post. Jacob the golfer, and Jacob waiting for his baby brother to kick...

No comments: